Bi-Lingual Loss Mitigation Specialist
Full Time | Chicago, IL
The Loss Mitigation Specialist is the point of contact for early-stage delinquent accounts for collection activities. This level of Loss Mitigation Specialist is responsible for assisting customers that are 0 to 90 days past due with loss mitigation solutions. The resolution provided may include collections of the past due amount to return to a current payment status and short-term repayment plans.
- Interact with borrowers that are 0 to 90 days delinquent that need assistance.
- Evaluates and helps to determine the borrower’s ability to pay the past due payments and collects financial information in a professional manner, with an emphasis on first call resolution.
- Contacts borrowers using manual dialing system for both inbound and outbound calls
- Counsel borrowers on options to meet their payment obligations, explain terms and arrange short term repayment plans based on department procedure.
- May need to educate on long term delinquency strategies for borrowers who want to keep their homes including forbearance plans, repayment plans, deferments, and loan modifications.
- Assist with the preparation of loss mitigation documentation requests for borrowers.
- Work with borrowers to complete, sign and return loss mitigation applications.
- Assists in other Loss Mitigation Department functions including requesting payoff quotes and information requests such as searching for missing loan documents and completing QWR/Complaint document research requests.
- Maintain and document mortgage collection systems and databases, with all activities and communications.
- Demonstrate accurate knowledge and strict adherence of federal regulations and collection laws (FDCPA).
- Follow all company policy and procedures.
- Successfully complete annual regulatory compliance training.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of loan servicing software/systems
- Computer and Office Suite proficiency
- Technical capability to utilize office equipment
- Collaboration and teamwork
- Customer focused
- Communication and interpersonal competency
- Problem solver
- Organization and time management
- 1 + years of loss mitigation experience in a residential loan servicing or default loan servicing department
- Communication skills with demonstrated ability to interact in a positive and professional manner
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills
- Detail-oriented with superior organizational and time management skills
- Self-starter; takes initiative within role and responsibilities
- Excellent customer service skills
- Beginning to Intermediate technology skills including Excel
- Proactive in identifying ways to improve service and support
- Ability to be a team player by working closely with Servicing Manager and loan servicing staff
- Other: Preferred Education/Experience: Associates degree or higher
- Fluent Spanish
Other: : Preferred Education/Experience:
- Associate’s degree or higher is preferred
- Full time position with regular office hours Monday through Friday, typically 8:30AM to 5:30PM and weekend work may be required from time to time, with some flexibility on start and end times allowed. The employee must be available during the core hours and will work a 9-hour day, with a 60-minute unpaid Lunch break and a paid break
- This is largely a sedentary role, with filing requirements that would entail the ability to lift files, open file cabinets, bend, stand, and stoop. May be required to lift supplies and files.