Full Time | Chicago, IL
This position will be responsible for the management of a high volume of default servicing matters, including both routine and contested foreclosure matters. The Pre-Foreclosure Specialist is responsible for timely processing of residential foreclosure matters in compliance with all state laws and regulatory requirements.
- Completes pre-foreclosure reviews to ensure loans are referred for foreclosure based on company requirements
- Completes, monitors progress and insures deadlines are met for invoice approval, foreclosure referrals, foreclosure breach letters and collection letters
- Once assigned, conduct a review of the foreclosure file. Coordinate with local counsel for breach letter preparation and mailing. Following breach letter expiration, work with counsel to initiate the foreclosure action
- Prepares or causes the preparation and execution of all documents related to the foreclosure action; ensures that all actions have been taken in order to take the loan to foreclosure sale within state and investor guidelines
- Monitor attorney performance by reviewing all proceedings, records and timeframes in addition to working all system / database activities throughout the foreclosure process.
- Diligently follow up on all outstanding communications, written or verbal, internal and external
- Upon request, provides the attorney with accurate foreclosure reinstatement, payoff and judgment figures as well as accurately executed documents as required
- Perform required research on loans with questionable items (e.g. the application of payments, proper foreclosure notification, etc.)
- Business Acumen
- Computer and Office Suite proficiency
- Technical capability to utilize office equipment
- Collaboration and teamwork
- Customer focused
- Communication and interpersonal competency
- Problem solver
- Organization and time management
- Associate’s degree or higher is preferred
- 1 to 2+ years of in a residential loan servicing or default loan servicing department or a BS degree and prior office work experience
- BKFS/LPS experience as related to foreclosure process
- MSP knowledge and experience preferred
- Knowledge of the foreclosure industry, both judicial and non-judicial preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills
- Detail-oriented with superior organizational and time management skills
- Self-starter; takes initiative within role and responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, manage and escalate tasks as needed
- Ability to manage numerous different tasks at the same time
- Full time position with regular office hours Monday through Friday, typically 8:45 to 5:30 and weekend work may be required from time to time, with some flexibility on start and end times allowed. The employee must be available during the core hours and will work an 8:45- hour day, with a 45 unpaid Lunch breaks and a paid break.
- This is largely a sedentary role, with filing requirements that would entail the ability to lift files, open file cabinets, bend, stand, and stoop. May be required to lift supplies and files.